07/01/2010 | by Tom Copsey
The countdown begins to the 2010 Brits in Laax, Switzerland.
21-28 March 2010 will once again see swarms of dedicated shredders and equally dedicated party hounds descend on Laax for a week of riding, tunes, bro-ing down and boozing.
And the Brits organisers have a bunch of event package worms with which to tempt the early birds amongst you to peck your cash beak… hell, the metaphor pretty much sucks but here’s how booking early can save you a bunch of greenbacks whether your budget is bargain bucket or caviar canapes.
Accommodation Options & Package Deals
This converted car park looks better than it sounds (it won some fancy design awards) and is the hub of many of the BRITS goings on. With three different room options available, suitably named the 180, 360 & 540 rooms, there is something for everyone. The lone rider can bunk up with four other like-minded souls in the 180 room, or a group of mates or couple can kick back after a long day of riding in the trendy 360 or 540 rooms.
- £230* – based on 5 people sharing a 180 room, including 7 nights’ accommodation, 7 days liftpass, event pack and festival wrist band.
- £264 – £285* – based on 2-3 people sharing a 360 room and includes 7 nights’ accommodation, 7 days liftpass, event pack and festival wrist band.
- £306 – £355* – based on 2-3 people sharing a 540 room and includes 7 nights’ accommodation, with plasma TV and Xbox, 7 days liftpass, event pack and festival wrist band.
Rocksresort ***Early Bird Deal! – Book before the 31st December and save £126***
We stayed in here for last year’s BEO and it’s the nuts. Pimp daddy lodgings with a frickin’ steam bath and waterfall shower? Ja bitte! Located at the base of the mountain which is also home to the BRITS Après Sessions Arena. The stylish apartments offer an open-plan living area, under-floor heating and make use of an elegant local stone. The bedrooms have huge windows with views of the home run and clever storage, hidden in the untreated oak walls.
- £359* – based on five people sharing and apartment (Sunday –Sunday) and includes, 7 nights’ accommodation, 6 day lift pass, event pack and festival wrist band.
- £399* – based on four people sharing and apartment (Sunday –Sunday) and includes, 7 nights’ accommodation, 6 day lift pass, event pack and festival wrist band.
The SigninaHotel is situated next to the base station in Laax and offers outstanding four-star service and accommodation options. With a stylish lobby and bar, exquisite restaurant and relaxing wellness and health spa, the SigninaHotel could be a perfect slice of luxury this BRITS.
- £444* – £646*, including 7 nights’ accommodation, breakfast, 6 days liftpass, event pack and festival wristband.
Lift Passes Only
If you can’t find an accommodation option to suit you, but still want to head up the mountain and join in with all the BRITS fun, organisers have struck another amazing deal where upon purchase of a liftpass and quoting BRITS2010, you will receive a BRITS festival wrist band absolutely FREE! The BRITS wristband will provide you with FREE entry to all of the club night shenanigans plus a bevy of discounts and event privileges.
How to Get There!
With return flights to Zurich from London, Manchester, Birmingham or Edinburgh starting from just £70, departing Sunday 21st and returning Sunday 28th March 2010 (including luggage allowance!), there really is no excuse to stay at home… Blimey, you could be allergic to snow and find it hard to resist at that price!
To get you and your kit safely to resort, at wallet friendly prices, check out the BRITS10.com travel page for all of the lowdown on transfers, including a coach, private shuttle, or train service option, which runs like clockwork and is only £34. Swiss public transport is amazing and trains and buses run in sync with each other to make your journey as smooth and trouble free as possible.
For all booking information and prices go to: www.BRITS10.com or to book direct call Laax reservations and quote ‘BRITS2010’ to receive your event pack and festival wristband on Tel: +41